A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Brown Recluse

I hear a lot about the Brown Recluse. I don't know if most people know what one looks like. I suspect that some see any old brown spider and say it was a Brown Recluse just to make conversation.

These are pics I took of a Brown Recluse. The spiders are fairly small and generally don't sit still very long. On some the rear portion of the body is much lighter in color than the example in these pics.

Watch out for these little critters. I like spiders in general, but I show these no mercy.










2 comments:

Paladin said...

Nasty little bastards... my Mother was bitten by one, as was a guy that I work with a couple of years ago. He ended up spending the better part of a week in the hospital over it.

Bitmap said...

My grandfather was bitten by one when he was in his late 70s. He almost didn't survive and was left with his hand partially paralyzed.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter