A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Dog Houses

I picked up the free ex-dog houses/soon to be chicken coops yesterday. They are big. I have a 1/2 ton short bed pickup with a toolbox so I don't have a huge space in the back and I had to leave the tailgate down and strap them in.

One rule of pickups and trailers: ALWAYS keep plenty of tie-downs in the truck. I've got several ratchet tie-downs, a bunch of bungee cords, several ropes, and a bunch of steel wire, as well as several pieces of cardboard, cloth, and old carpet for padding.

The houses are still sitting in the back of the truck and I don't know when I'll get time to get them out. I need to hurry because they both needed a little bit of work before they are ready. One was made of unpainted siding. While the frame and roof was perfect one side was about half rotted out and needs to be replaced. I've got enough scraps of lumber around to fix it up. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to work.

I have so many projects around here I can't even get caught up enough to be behind. Do you have to start something to be behind schedule?

2 comments:

Bullseye said...

Way to go on the free coops, I love free stuff. I also really enjoyed the turkey videos and pictures man, they were great. Keep up the good work, when you get caught up that is...lol

riverwalker said...

Free is a good thing! I'll take just about anything that's free. Sooner or later I'm going to figure out something I can use it for.

RW

BTW, Thought I'd follow Bullseye around the blogs today!

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter