A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Personal Disarmament poll and laws

It's something in liberals' DNA: They think they can pass a law eliminating guns and nuclear weapons, but teenagers having sex is completely beyond our control.


From Ann Coulter's column.

I wonder why we don't just outlaw murder and be done with it. That would solve so many problems. While we're at it, why don't we outlaw volcanic eruptions and meteors crashing into the earth?

On the brighter side I saw this Gallup poll. Here is a graph of the results over the last 50 years.


I guess that shows that a fairly large majority of Americans aren't as stupid as the President, the left-wing leaders in Congress, and the LWM would have us believe.

Further down in the article I see that women and people 18-34 want more restrictive disarmament laws. I don't really understand that as far as women are concerned. Seems to me that women would have the most to gain from changing the law to make it easier to protect themselves. I guess they've been told so often by the LWM, government officials, and other idiots, that they are incapable of taking care of themselves so they don't need to own or carry a firearm. I prefer having a woman with a gun by my side. I suspect that the 18-34 year olds are influenced by government schools and colleges that preach a lot of left-wing stuff including the idea that helplessness and depending on the government to keep you safe is correct.



It's not a surprise to me that people in the east and midwest are more likely to support restrictive laws that people in the south. As for their numbers on the west I suspect they are heavily tilted by the state of CA and by Portland and Seattle. It's also no surprise that democrats are more likely to support restrictive laws than republicans.

I don't really see where the opinion of the population at large has anything to do with the government not recognizing our rights. The Constitution does NOT say " . . . the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed unless a majority of people want it to be."

We are supposed to be a nation of laws based on the Constitution. If you want to quit recognizing people's rights, then start by amending the Constitution.

Even if you repeal an amendment to the Constitution remember this - the Constitution doesn't give us rights. It only recognizes pre-existing rights. The rights still exist even if the government refuses to recognize them.

2 comments:

Angela said...

The "gun in the home" question is interesting. The numbers of no guns seem high to me, but I do not know if they polled cities or rural areas or a mix of the two, AND I do not know if I would answer yes to that question myself if it were asked by some random pollster . . . numbers might be a little off there :)

Bitmap said...

Angela,

That is true. I have had a pollster call once and I didn't wait to find out what they wanted. I just told the guy I didn't want to speak to him.

Being on a "Do Not Call" list I don't receive many calls and with caller ID I let voicemail answer if I don't know the person/number.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter