A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spies in Our Electricity Grid

This makes me feel wonderful.

Link

Here is some of the text:

Cyberspies have penetrated the U.S. electrical grid and left behind software programs that could be used to disrupt the system, according to current and former national-security officials.

The spies came from China, Russia and other countries, these officials said, and were believed to be on a mission to navigate the U.S. electrical system and its controls. The intruders haven't sought to damage the power grid or other key infrastructure, but officials warned they could try during a crisis or war.

"The Chinese have attempted to map our infrastructure, such as the electrical grid," said a senior intelligence official. "So have the Russians."

I guess I knew, or at least suspected this was going on. Seeing it confirmed does not make me jump for joy.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter