A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Paid Vacation Act

This idiot thinks the government should dictate vacation policy to private businesses.

I guess I missed the part of the Constitution that gives that authority to the government. The federal government is so good at managing things, let's just have them run private businesses.

This has to come under the heading "If you think things are bad now, just look at how bad they could be."

I wonder how many people would lose their jobs over this bit of nonsense?

From the article:

Rep. Idiot (I'd rather not even repeat this loser's name) was standing in the middle of Disney World when it hit him: What Americans really need is a week of paid vacation.
More from the article:

The bill would require companies with more than 100 employees to offer a week of paid vacation for both full-time and part-time employees after they’ve put in a year on the job. Three years after the effective date of the law, those same companies would be required to provide two weeks of paid vacation, and companies with 50 or more employees would have to provide one week.
Seems to me that if you don't like the vacation policy of the company you work for you should either try to get the company to change the policy or find a different job. I would like the company I work for to give me 10 weeks of vacation every year. Why stop there? Why not 26 weeks? Why not just have the government force the company to pay me for not working?

More nonsense:

The idea: More vacation will stimulate the economy through fewer sick days, better productivity and happier employees.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter