A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Friday, June 26, 2009

Buy a new hot tub while you still can

From an article in The Washington Times:

The Democrat-led House pressed Thursday for enough votes to pass landmark legislation that would combat global warming by forcing U.S. companies to reduce their carbon-dioxide emissions, expanding expensive renewable-energy sources and trimming consumers' choices on new light bulbs and hot tubs.
I'll bet the hot tubs are flying off the shelves of Lowe's and Home Depot as I type this. I wish I could afford a new one. Ours is 10 years old this year. I just put some money into a new heater and control panel.

If this passes I might refinish the outside of ours and try to sell it for 2x the current price of a new one. The ad would read something like "Pre-ban hot tub for sale. Get it while you still can. No government paperwork required. It was filled with water to test it out, then emptied and never used. It's been sitting in the back of my garage since then. These are really getting hard to find, especially in this condition. $6000. Bond wire not included but I will sell it to the buyer for only $250 more."

Do you really want the government deciding what kind of hot tub you are allowed to purchase?

Maybe we could all join a union because they will probably be allowed more choices in hot tubs and light bulbs.

Some of you wanted hope and change. You're going to get it good and hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The people who were stupid enough to vote for Obama deserve to be reamed. But it's hard luck for the rest of us. Estimates that this legislation will cost people who still work for a living about $3000 extra for energy costs are actually conservative. Our only real hope is that this does not get through the Senate.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter