A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dallas PD videotaping people in Lower Greenville Ave area

Isn't this nice.

I heard this on the radio this afternoon and thought I'd check it out. The DPD is going to hang around in the party district and videotape people entering and leaving the area, especially leaving bars.

Why? Is it just to do a test run of their face recognition software?

My first thought was that it would be funny if NOBODY went down there the whole weekend. I suspect if nobody showed up Friday night that the business owners would make such a stink over it that the DPD would find something else to do by noon Saturday.

My next thought was that if it wasn't so far (thank God it is) then I would go there and stand in front of the cops and block their camera while wearing a burka. If they bothered me about wearing a mask I would start screaming about religious persecution. If they pointed out that moslem men usually don't wear burkas then I'd start whining that they were harassing me because of my sexual identity.

Someone needs to straighten these people out before this place ends up like England.

5 comments:

APN said...

LMAO!!! Gay Muslim Extremist...HAAA! That would throw them in a loop

Paladin said...

Seems like I remember hearing about some other city in the metroplex where the business owners were paying to have cameras installed and monitored by the police, but I can't think where for the life of me.

I've heard that PD monitors cameras in the Sundance square area in Ft Worth. I know Dallas used CCTV in the downtown area a couple of years ago, but I don't know if they still do it. It was a "test program".

Gives me the creeps, and I want to scream when someone uses the old "if you're not doing anything wrong you shouldn't mind the cameras" arguement.

Dopes.

Anonymous said...

We're already damn near there. The government listens to your phone calls, reads your email, and if they are really interested in you they suborn your friends into informing on you. It's a great time to be living in America.

Bitmap said...

" . . . they suborn your friends into informing on you."

When you have a clearance you expect that sort of thing, but not for day to day life.

Wyn Boniface said...

I almost want to go stand their dressed up like that to cause problems for them.

My understanding is that they have always hung around that area. Now they are just adding video to the equation. I admit though I have never partied in Dallas. Once I get North of Austin I start to freeze. LOL

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter