A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Father's Nightmare on MArooned

I saw this and had to say something.

My "stick-in-the-eye" response is that if a woman can choose to end the babies life then the man should be able to do the same or the woman has to give up all financial claims against the man. I wrote "man" and "woman" instead of "father" and "mother" on purpose because people that would do this would not be parents.

I don't actually believe that. That is my reaction to ending the life of a child. If we are going to hold that life in such low regard that we allow women to end it then why not men? What is the difference here?

From MArooned:
ever since seeing the ultrasound of my son at some 20 weeks gestation I have been unable to accept it as a "parasite" or "lump of cells" that the pro-choice advocates would like to classify the developing embryo. There's a time and a place for terminating the pregnancy, and that's before it ever starts.
I'll go along with this. If you can watch a child moving, yawning, and wiggling around and still think of it as a "blob of protoplasm" then you are sick.

Here is a quote from my better half:

A woman has the right to choose to sleep with as many men as she wants but when she gets pregnant she has an obligation to share her body with that baby for nine months.
That sums it up for me. Any time you engage in a behavior that you know can result in a certain outcome then you should be prepared to face that. If you can't face the possible consequences of your action then don't do it. If you don't want to go to jail then don't rob a bank. If you don't want a child then keep your pants on.

Here is a rule that will make your life easier:

If you wouldn't want to spend the rest of your life with a person then don't have sex with them.

Not that I expect anyone to take my advice. That rule is notoriously difficult for young people to follow. It's not that easy for a lot of older people to follow either.

Here is another rule for you:

Birth control doesn't work 100%.

That shouldn't be news to anyone but it bears repeating. I know this from experience. We planned to have three children and ended up with four. In my case I'm glad it doesn't work 100%.






2 comments:

Wyn Boniface said...

"If you wouldn't want to spend the rest of your life with a person then don't have sex with them."

I am so glad I am getting married.

Bitmap said...

It is a little scary at first but if you both approach it as a permanent situation instead of something that you can just back out of any time you want then it is for the best.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Good luck.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter