A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Thursday, June 18, 2009

There are countries where a single-payer system works pretty well

The title is a little clip from this quote:

Let me also say that -- let me also address a illegitimate concern that's being put forward by those who are claiming that a public option is somehow a Trojan horse for a single-payer system. I'll be honest; there are countries where a single-payer system works pretty well. But I believe -- and I've taken some flak from members of my own party for this belief -- that it's important for our reform efforts to build on our traditions here in the United States. So when you hear the naysayers claim that I'm trying to bring about government-run health care, know this: They're not telling the truth.
The quote is from the President and comes from the official White House transcript of the President's comments to the AMA.

First, I'd like to know which countries he is referring to. Name one country where a "single-payer system" has worked even "pretty well". I guess you could say that "pretty well" covers a lot of territory. Sort of like saying that the soviet system "worked pretty well" at providing soap.

The President doesn't want government-run health care just like he didn't want to take over GM and he doesn't want to control the banks.

As far as "public option" not being a trojan horse for a "single-payer system", well it isn't exactly. I think it will be the cause of and justification for socialized medicine, or a government takeover of the health care industry, or if you want to use his euphemism it will lead to a "single-payer system.

Public-option is a tool to bring us closer to socialized medicine.

2 comments:

Ron Russell said...

The "public option" will always lead to a single payer system. Where has this not been the case! And if the truth was known this is what the Obama administration wants.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about being a single payer but I know I pay just about every medical jerk and affiliated laboratory in Georgia $50.00 a month on my daughters health costs, and we have "good insurance." Whatever else happens, I hope the government puts the private insurance companies out of business and they all have to beg their bread in the gutters. A bigger collection of bastards never existed. Even if I die of cancer, untreated, under an overpass, I'd die happy then.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter