A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Friday, June 5, 2009

White House set to appoint "pay czar"

Is anyone really surprised by this?

What a great plan:

1. Force banks to take bailout money they don't want or need.

2. Refuse to allow them to pay it back.

3. Appoint appoint 'a "Special Master for Compensation" to ensure that companies receiving federal bailout funds are abiding by executive-pay guidelines'.

I like the term "Special Master for Compensation", don't you? It has a ring to it.

I generally don't like the government using the term "czar" but in this case it is appropriate.

I've got an idea that will save a lot of trouble and money:

The government can mandate just one salary for every job in the country.

There would be no need for a "Special Master for Compensation" or a new little empire for the special master to run. Pick a number. It doesn't matter what the number is because everyone will make the same amount of money. I'll say $50,000 per year. Everyone will make that much no matter what job they do. Are you a brain surgeon? $50,000 per year. Are you the manager of a department at Home Depot? $50,000 per year. Are you a 17 year old high school dropout working his first job at Burger King? $50,000 per year. Are you an NFL #1 draft pick? $50,000 per year. Are you an actor in hollywood? $50,000 per year. Are you the President or the Speaker of the House? $50,000 per year. Well, of course there would be perks for those jobs. You know, free limo, body guards, free house, free food, free gold necklaces from foreign dictators, that kind of stuff. Me? I would take the job of hunting, playing with my kids, and making up nonsense on the internet for only $50,000 per year.

I should be careful what I write. A congressman may read this and take it seriously.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter