Not much here. We've been watching the fireworks from the front yard. Usually we spend about $100 for fireworks on July 4th and that much for New Years. This year we thought we'd save the money and watch other people's shows instead. The kids kept saying "I wish we had some fireworks." Maybe we'll pony up the bucks next time.
We watched "The History of July 4th" from The History Channel to remind the young ones of the reason we have this holiday.
Last week I got a flat on the tractor. Fortunately, it was on the front so I could take it off easily and take it to a shop yesterday. It has a tube and I don't have the tools to take the tire off the wheel. I guess I need to put that on my list of stuff to get. Either that or get some steel wheels like they put on tractors back when. One thing about tractors is that normal floor jacks and jack stands like you use to work on cars are barely high enough. Another thing about tractors is that they are HEAVY. You can tell when you start jacking one up. My dad told me that my grandfather used a bottle jack to lift his tractors and made his own jack stands. We're going to look around at the farm and see if we can find the old stands. That's my kind of recycling.
Yesterday I also tilled up the weeds in the garden which is not fun when it is 100F+, but much easier with the little TroyBuilt cultivator than it would be with a hoe.
Today it was about 100F again and I ran the weedeater while my better half mowed a little. I think living in the city is bad news but I'd love to be able to finish mowing and weedeating in 15 minutes.
Tomorrow I'm going to get the tractor out and shred some high weeds and grass. There are some places in back where the Johnson grass is as high as my head when I'm sitting on the tractor. It won't be so bad though because the high is supposed to be in the mid 80s. After that I'm going to join the kids in a little shooting. You can't start getting in the groove for hunting season too early.
While I had a holiday from "work" I'll almost be glad to get back so I can relax a little.
A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency
- ► 2010 (204)
- A Little Hypocrisy in Dekalb County, GA
- Evacuation in Bryant, TX
- Woman sells her TVs to avoid seeing the President
- Capital Trapped in a House
- Presidential Library
- Quote of the day
- Military planning for H1N1 outbreak
- Is this the face of a moslem terrorist?
- Foreign Laws to Impact American Gun Owners?
- Quote of the day
- Taxing Fat People's Food to Pay for Health Care
- The Chinese aren't that confident about the curren...
- The "bright" side of a higher minimum wage
- The President to rent The Blue Heron Farm for vaca...
- Someone besides me is worried about this nation's ...
- New Stands for the Rabbit Cages
- Grandma's Birthday Cake
- Now we know why the President doesn't like the Cam...
- Bailout money being given to laraza
- Read some of the socialized medicine bill
- Minimum Wage Insanity
- This must be some of that diversity I keep hearing...
- So I enjoy Burt Prelutsky, too
- Thomas Sowell on socialized medicine again
- The Eye of the Storm
- Commercial Real Estate Bailout - OUCH
- Efficient Government
- Ann Coulter hit's another one out of the park on s...
- "Stopping Power"
- So the President says that the police acted stupid...
- Quote of the day
- Illegals to receive care under socialized medicine...
- A guy at the store wearing a U.S. Army Retired cap...
- Additional comment about Paris, TX
- Another great pick for this Administration: Surge...
- So the Obama administration "rescued the economy"!...
- Black and White Protestors almost get in Big troub...
- Went to a "pick your own" blueberry farm today
- A Richer LIfe
- Socialized Medicine Surcharge for fooling around w...
- Mexican law enforcement protecting us from terrori...
- Get out of war free
- Heating up on the President's Eligibility
- Socialized medicine to pay for abortions?
- Congress to dictate the fuel your car uses - Why n...
- Come home safe
- Another chicken cage
- Making Fire with a Magnifying Glass
- Cucumbers FTW!!
- More on the so-called healthcare reform bill
- Quote of the Day on Socialized Medicine
- No Private Coverage under the hussien-care version...
- Colorado!! What's the matter with you!?
- Another case of your goverment wasting your money ...
- Need a job? Push socialized medicine
- A Friend's Son in Afghanistan
- Rental Options and Mortgage Bailouts
- More on Socialized Medicine
- The Soldier's Orders were Changed
- North Dakota could have a new oil field
- I hope that Iraq War vet finds them first
- A soldier that doesn't want to go to war
- Just say NO to Sotomayor
- Father dies saving son
- The poor TOTUS
- Quantitative Easing
- Be Careful in the Restroom
- Quote of the Day from Bison
- I'll bet his wife kicks his rump over this one
- China and the U.S. as trade partner for Latin Amer...
- US down while China is up in Fortune company ratin...
- Aid going to areas that supported hussein?
- The White House spells the President's name wrong
- Doesn't every woman carry a $5950 purse?
- The President's Beautiful Wife
- As if we didn't already have enough idiots in gove...
- Do you have money in a Swiss account?
- Suspected NK cyber attack on US government website...
- If you don't like the results of throwing gasoline...
- I keep hearing that the President is so smart
- Anyone else notice how much Al Gore looks like E.P...
- Taliban says it's captured a US soldier
- Greg Hamilton quip about handguns, shotguns and ri...
- Presidential Action Figure
- No U.S. Dollars
- Dinner Last Night
- Independence Day Update
- Here is a couple that will never legally own firea...
- Washington Post Sells Access
- Members of congress spending more of YOUR money on...
- And you thought the 4473 wasn't a registration for...
- Being Taxed by the Mile
- Firearms in Church
- The Fight for Knives goes on
- ▼ July (95)