A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fried baby egg and cheese bagel

Our new reds have been laying some more tiny eggs. We had some bagels so I thought I'd have a fried egg and cheese bagel.

Here are the little eggs next to some normal sized eggs.

Here's one in the pan.

Here goes another.

Here are three together.

Looking good.

With the top on.

It was delicious. Soon they'll be laying full sized eggs.

4 comments:

Jeannetta said...

Yum!

Paladin said...

Hell yeah!

When I was a boy, my Grandparents used to keep Bantams - they called them "Banties". Delicious eggs, but you had to eat alot of them to make up for the size difference.

Your Red's eggs will be up to full size before you know it. Are you going to give them supplemental light, to extend the laying season come fall?

Bitmap said...

My parents called them Banties as well. My dad said his dad used them as nesting hens because they were more broody than a lot of other chickens.

I don't think I'll use lights. Last winter my 6 White Leghorns went from laying 5 or 6 per day down to 3 or 4 per day through the winter. We've got a more hens this year.

Wyn Boniface said...

I love those! I want one now. LOL

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter