A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Friday, October 2, 2009

The White Leghorns are starting to lay again

They made one egg per day the last two days.

We think they had started to molt a week or two before we left. We had seen a more few feathers than normal and their production had gone down from 5 or 6 per day to 3 or 4 per day.

I'm glad the girls are getting back to work!!

1 comment:

Ron Russell said...

White leghorns are laying---great, I suppose. Seriously when I was young and lived on the farm the high point of the day sometimes was going to the various hen nest scattered all over the farm and gathering up the eggs. Grandmother would take them to town on Saturday and trade them at the local store for groceries. On more than one occasion I reached my hand into a hen nest and felt something unusual---a chicken snake they can get quite large up to six feet sometimes and they can inflict a painful bite--I know. So good and bad memories of those long ago days.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter