A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Thursday, May 20, 2010

If you don't have a budget then you can't exceed the budget

Here is your link.

From the article:
The chance that the majority Democrats will pass a budget this year is “fading,” Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said Tuesday.
I wasn't sure what to think when I first read that. The next sentence did not make me feel better:
He is pessimistic because House Democrats don’t know whether they want to pass a resolution that would officially acknowledge the certainty of big deficits.
What does that mean? Do these people think if they just don't admit that they are spending much more than is coming in that nobody will notice? I'll bet that foreign investors will notice at some point.

It gets much better:
Eschewing a budget resolution could complicate efforts to extend the Bush-era tax cuts for individuals making less than $200,000 and couples making less than $250,000 annually.
I can see the little wheels turning in these lefties little heads: "How can we raise taxes and at the same time say we didn't raise taxes? I've got it!! We can just not pass a budget resolution to extend tax cuts and then blame it on republicans."

Here is one I like:

One option Conrad said his staff is now looking at is a deeming resolution.

Like an actual budget measure, the deeming resolution would set the discretionary spending levels for the next fiscal year. But unlike a budget resolution, the deeming resolution would allow Democrats to avoid laying out their fiscal policies for 2011 and beyond.
I would think that democrats would like to hide their fiscal policies.

Here is a funny one:
Centrist House Democrats have been wary of voting for a budget resolution because it’s likely to project large deficits.
If they are really worried about deficits then I've got a plan for them:

DON'T SPEND SO MUCH!!!

I guess that never occurred to them.

I LOL when I read this:
The Congressional Budget Office has estimated that Obama’s policies would lead to deficits averaging nearly $1 trillion over the next decade.
Nicely worded. It seems to say the deficit will be less than $1 trillion total for the next 10 years. Isn't that an average of $1 trillion per year for the next decade? That is also using the numbers sent to the CBO which uses them regardless of how outlandish they are. I wonder how bad it will really be?

The federal government is still in denial. We are bankrupt. The printing presses have been running 24/7 and the plan is to keep them going. Hold on tight. The Captain has put on the "Fasten Your Seatbelt" sign.

2 comments:

chinasyndrome said...

Dude your headline makes so much sense its stupid.I hadn't even thought of it.Hell yeah no one can blast em for going over,cause there is no budget.

china
III

Bitmap said...

I just wish it weren't true.

Followers

My Blog List

counter