A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Safe Space Magnet



My company recently had something they called a "Coming Out Celebration".

Great. As Shaggy once said "I don't know and I don't want to know."

At any rate, one of the things mentioned in the email announcing this is that managers would have a supply of "Safe Space Magnets" to give out. I'm not sure what a "Safe Space Magnet" is or what it is supposed to do. I went to my manager and told him I wanted one. He started hemming and hawing and wasn't sure what to make of that.

I told him that I wanted one that looked like this:
That is my idea of creating safe space. Maybe they could make it pink so it wouldn't offend anyone. How about with a rainbow camo pattern on it?

I never did get one of the company versions so I still don't know what that one looked like.

As far as my manager goes, while we are not far apart politically, there is a certain gap in communications. He doesn't seem to know how to take some of what passes for humor on my part.

2 comments:

Paladin said...

Ha! I saw a dummy claymore hitch cover on the back of a pickup truck driving down Central one day...

SophisticatedBrew said...

Usually "Safe Space" implies that anyone regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity is welcome and safe. It is often used in colleges to let students know about faculty and staff who will be friendly and welcoming to them.

Followers

My Blog List

counter